CONOR F. MURPHY is a Senior Counsel in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. His practice is focused on representing hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgical centers and office-based surgical suites, private equity firms investing in the health care sector, management service organizations, diagnostic imaging centers, home care agencies, device and equipment distributors, and health care entrepreneurs in connection with a broad spectrum of strategic and operational matters.
Mr. Murphy’s services include:
- Advising on business strategy and guiding clients through entity formation and development, licensure, corporate compliance, ownership syndication, and managed care and government payor program issues
- Representing clients in asset and stock sales, mergers, consolidations, joint ventures and alignment transactions as well as divestitures, withdrawals, partner disputes, liquidations, and dissolutions
- Counseling clients on regulatory matters, including structuring complex business ventures in compliance with health care fraud and abuse laws (federal and state anti-kickback rules and self-referral prohibitions), corporate practice of medicine restrictions, licensure and certification requirements, board regulations, and standards for operating health care facilities
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements including business combination, shareholder, operating, partnership, professional service, employment, management, equipment purchase and leasing, and other contractual arrangements
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Murphy was an attorney in the Health Care Practice Group of a regional law firm.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Colgate University (B.A., 2000)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- New York State Bar Association