Health care is the largest and fastest-growing industry in the United States. The size and complexity of the health care industry increasingly lead to high-stakes litigation among providers, manufacturers, insurers, and, overwhelmingly, federal and state law enforcement agencies and qui tam relators.
What once were disputes that were easily managed are now risks that routinely are measured in the tens and hundreds of millions of dollars. And for hospital systems, pharmaceutical manufacturers, benefits managers, and nursing facilities, the stakes in fraud cases sometimes exceed billions of dollars. The litigation juggernaut also has spawned a compliance and investigative sub-industry that itself fosters great expense and risk.
A participant in the business of health care needs a highly skilled and experienced law firm to meet the challenges of health care litigation and compliance in both civil and criminal cases—and Epstein Becker Green is ideally suited to meet that need. Counting among our ranks former federal and state prosecutors, along with lawyers with decades of health care litigation experience, and having one of the largest fully integrated health practices in the country and offices in nearly every region, Epstein Becker Green offers dispute avoidance and litigation services that are significant in scope and competence.
Because we are knowledgeable, not just in health care litigation but in all phases of health care financing, delivery, and reimbursement, Epstein Becker Green's investigative and trial lawyers have the resources that frequently allow clients to resolve disputes with government agencies and payers at an early stage, often in conjunction with internal investigations that our lawyers conduct on behalf of management, boards of directors, and audit committees. Members of our litigation team, who often have high-level governmental prosecutorial backgrounds, have successfully litigated numerous court cases and settled cases through alternative dispute resolution.
Epstein Becker Green's health care litigation team offers:
- An outstanding record of success defending and resolving fraud and qui tam cases; regulatory inquiries; exclusion, debarment, and other administrative proceedings; and reimbursement, financing, and government contract-related matters
- Broad experience in complex health issues, civil and criminal litigation, and compliance investigations before federal and state courts and administrative and private tribunals
- Highly skilled courtroom lawyers, often with senior governmental experience, strategically located throughout the United States who have been successful before trial courts and juries, courts of appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States
- A level of substantive integration that results in new approaches and a thorough understanding of complex health care legal and litigation issues, and which judges and juries rely upon
- Recognized knowledge of complex corporate health structures and relationships and federal and state health and reimbursement laws and regulations
- Member of the Firm
- Board of Directors / Member of the Firm
- Member of the Firm
- June 12-14, 2023
- AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute: Reporting from the Trenches—A False Claims Act Enforcement 2022 Recap and Predictions for 2023January 31, 2023
- November 3, 2022