The post-acute/long-term care industry is being challenged by the pressures of an aging population, more stringent governmental oversight and cuts in government reimbursement. Attorneys in Epstein Becker Green's Health Care and Life Sciences practice are experienced in helping post-acute/long-term care providers respond to the entire range of industry challenges: corporate/transactional; compliance, survey, and enforcement; reimbursement; fraud and abuse; litigation; health care decision-making; real estate; and labor and employment matters.
The firm works with all segments of the post-acute and long-term care industry, including sub-acute, skilled nursing, assisted living, home health, rehabilitation, infusion, and hospice. We tailor our representation to the needs of the individual provider, based on the size of the organization and the nature of the legal matter.
Services/Scope of Practice
Epstein Becker Green's full array of legal services to post-acute/long-term care providers includes:
- Representation in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other business transactions
- Strategic analysis of affiliations and acquisitions
- Representation before state and federal regulatory agencies with respect to investigations, survey and certification, reimbursement, licensure and certificate of need
- Representation in civil and criminal litigation
- Regulatory analysis and audits for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Development and review of compliance plans
- Guidance regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and private third-party reimbursement issues
- Due diligence reviews for mergers, acquisitions, and financing transactions
- Counsel and assistance regarding private placements, IPOs, and tax-exempt bond financings
- Representation with respect to labor, employment, and OSHA matters
- Counsel and assistance regarding health care decision-making issues, ethics committees, and guardianship proceedings
- Managed care contracting and development of innovative payment structures with payors