Attorney Lauren Cooper’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and the representation of health care providers and health-related entities in complex litigation matters.
- Represents health care clients in cases involving business torts (including unfair competition, disclosure of confidential information, theft of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and deceptive business practices, and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage) and contract disputes
- Regularly litigates commercial disputes before federal and state courts, both at trial and on appeal
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Lauren was an attorney in the Commercial and Criminal Litigation, as well as the Government and Regulatory Affairs, Groups of a regional law firm. She also has extensive experience as a Law Clerk in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (for the Honorable Peter G. Sheridan) and in the Superior Court of New Jersey (for the Honorable Lisa Rose). Prior to these judicial clerkships, Lauren was a student attorney at the Civil Litigation Clinic, Center for Social Justice, at Seton Hall University School of Law; a Law Clerk at the Office of the Public Defender – Hudson County; and a Legal Intern at the Federal Public Defender’s Office – District of New Jersey.
From 2008 to 2011, Lauren was a corps member of Teach For America and taught middle and high school students in post-Katrina New Orleans.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” in Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation (2022-2024). This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list: 2023, Health Care. This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Member, Seton Hall Circuit Review
- The George Washington University (B.A., cum laude, 2008)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York