CHRISTOPHER LECH is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management, Litigation & Business Disputes, and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents financial institutions and other employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals on employment- and employee benefit/executive compensation-related matters including claims of breach of employment agreements, breach of contracts, breach and enforcement of promissory notes, wrongful termination, and constructive termination
- Litigates cases concerning unfair competition and breaches of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Represents financial institutions in arbitrations before FINRA
- Counsels clients on compliance with various employment laws, including the FLSA, NLRA, and various state and local wage requirements, as well as laws affecting employee benefit plans, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Internal Revenue Code, and COBRA
- Advises clients on the design, implementation, maintenance, and termination of various types of employee benefit plans—including defined contribution, defined benefit, self-insured and fully-insured medical, life, and disability—as well as employee assistance programs, wellness programs, cafeteria plans, health savings and reimbursement account plans, flexible spending accounts, fringe benefits, severance plans, and other types of compensation and benefit arrangements
- Advises multiemployer plans on issues surrounding withdrawal liability
Mr. Lech has been chosen by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Lech was an attorney at a New York City law firm that represented labor unions and various employee benefit plans.
While attending law school, Mr. Lech served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Frederic Block of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, as an Intern in the Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York, and as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Ronald L. Ellis of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Articles Editor, St. John’s Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Hofstra University, Zarb School of Business (B.B.A., cum laude, 2011)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Committee