BRIAN L. FRIEDMAN is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation & Business Disputes practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He has experience representing clients in a variety of industries, including financial services and securities, real estate and construction, retail goods and services, insurance, and health care. A substantial portion of his practice is devoted to representing banks, broker-dealers, futures commission merchants, swap dealers, and other leading financial institutions in litigation and regulatory matters.
- Represents clients in a variety of complex disputes involving financial services, contracts, business torts, fiduciary duty, insurance, bankruptcy, real estate, and construction, in state and federal courts and in arbitrations and mediations before FINRA, JAMS, AAA, and ICC
- Represents clients in investigations and enforcement proceedings by federal and state agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the National Futures Association, securities and commodities exchanges, state securities regulators, and the New York State Office of the Attorney General
- Represents clients in labor- and employment-related arbitrations and litigations
- Conducts internal investigations
- Advises on regulatory and compliance issues
Mr. Friedman regularly appears in federal and state courts and before arbitrators and administrative agencies. He has handled jury trials, arbitrations, mediations, TRO hearings, and preliminary injunction hearings covering a broad range of complex legal and factual issues.
In addition, Mr. Friedman has handled, on a pro bono basis, juvenile criminal appeals and divorce proceedings as well as matters involving special education in prison.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Friedman was a Senior Counsel at an international firm, where he was also a member of the firm’s Financial Services Practice Group and Securities Litigation Practice Group.
Active in his community, Mr. Friedman currently serves as a Trustee on the Board of Education for the Irvington (NY) Union Free School District.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Criminal Appellate Advocacy Clinic
- Duke University (A.B., cum laude, 1996)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar