THEODORA McCORMICK is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the Princeton and Newark offices of Epstein Becker Green. Her practice focuses on representing hospitals, physician practices, medical device manufacturers, supermarkets, food distributors, pharmaceutical companies, and other Fortune 500 and 200 companies in complex litigation matters.
Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2016 to 2018) in the field of Commercial Litigation, Ms. McCormick has also been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list (2015 to 2017) for Health Care and Business Litigation and to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2007) for Business Litigation. In 2017, she was recognized on New Jersey Super Lawyers' "Top 50 Women" list.
- Provides representation to clients in cases involving all manner of business torts (including unfair competition, disclosure of confidential information, theft of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and deceptive business practices, and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage), and contract disputes
- Defends dietary supplement companies, health care marketing companies, and pharmaceutical companies in advertising disputes with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Regularly litigates complex commercial disputes before federal and state courts, both at trial and on appeal
In addition, Ms. McCormick has been lead counsel in many arbitrations and mediations. She also has successfully negotiated numerous consent decrees with the FTC in enforcement proceedings brought against dietary supplement companies.
In 2016, Ms. McCormick was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to the District VA (Essex County-Newark) Ethics Committee, for a four-year term. Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. McCormick was a Member at a large regional law firm.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark (J.D., 1998)
- Tulane University (B.A., 1992)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, General Counsel and Executive Board Member
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Foster and Adoptive Family Services (FAFS), Board of Directors