SCARLETT L. FREEMAN is an Associate in the Litigation practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists in the representation of employers in federal and state court on matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, and wage and hour disputes
- Assists in the representation of clients in commercial litigation, business disputes, and breach of contract matters
- Assists in the representation of plan sponsors and fiduciaries in the defense of claims brought under ERISA, including breach of fiduciary duty and denial of benefits
While at law school, Ms. Freeman was a Research Editor for the St. John's Journal of International & Comparative Law and the New York International Law Review. She also served as an intern for the Honorable Robert P. Patterson, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York; a legal and government affairs intern at a not-for-profit organization that provides in-home nursing care; and a legal intern at a global financial institution.
Ms. Freeman was a 2005 Fulbright Fellow to Ethiopia in affiliation with the Institute of Ethiopian Studies at Addis Ababa University.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Columbia University (M.I.A., 2008)
- School of International & Public Affairs
- University of North Carolina at Asheville (B.A., cum laude, 2004)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- Asian American Bar Association of New York