Commercial litigator Robert Lufrano represents clients in a wide array of matters, including contract and business disputes, unfair competition and trademark infringement claims, alleged antitrust violations, and insurance-related issues. Utilizing his on-the-ground experience and an aggressive approach to client advocacy, Robert helps strategically guide companies and individuals through the challenges of complex and often high-stakes litigation. He has represented clients before numerous state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals.
Robert earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Rutgers Law School, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, he was an associate attorney at a regional litigation defense firm. In addition to his legal training, Robert is a trained classical musician.
- Served as part of an Epstein Becker Green team that secured dismissal of a class action lawsuit on behalf of a dietary supplement company in the Central District of California, successfully arguing that the plaintiffs’ claims were an improper end-run around the primary jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration and its authority to regulate dietary supplements under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
- Obtained an ex parte restraining order in the District of New Jersey as part of an Epstein Becker Green team that sought to stop an ongoing trademark infringement and fraud scheme on behalf of a large corporate client. The defendants had misappropriated our client’s well-recognized trademark and passed themselves off as having an affiliation with our client’s brand in order to secure financing for fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities.
- Served as part of an Epstein Becker Green team that secured the eviction of a commercial holdover tenant, successfully utilizing the Supreme Court of New Jersey’s temporary Order to Show Cause mechanism allowing for commercial evictions in emergent circumstances during what was otherwise a moratorium on evictions and a suspension of landlord/tenant trials in New Jersey following an executive order by the governor.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- Order of the Coif
- Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester (Bachelor of Music, 2011)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey