RyAnn Hooper focuses her practice on representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
- Represents clients before the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB” or “Board”) and other federal and state agencies, and in federal and state courts
- Provides representation to employers in unfair labor practice (ULP) and union representation proceedings and appeals
- Advises on legal issues that arise under the National Labor Relations Act
- Counsels management on responses to union organizing campaigns
- Negotiates collective bargaining agreements
- Represents clients in workplace disputes arising under federal, state and local laws
From 2008 to 2018, RyAnn worked at the NLRB, initially as Board Counsel to two separate appointees to the Board and then as a Senior Trial Attorney in the Brooklyn, New York, region of the Board. As Senior Trial Attorney, she litigated cases, investigated charges of ULPs, conducted elections to determine union representation preferences, and acted as a hearing officer in contested representation matters. Previously, RyAnn worked as an Administrative Law Judge at the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board in Chicago, Illinois. In that role, she conducted agency hearings, mediations, and union elections, and investigated ULPs. She began her career as a Legal Intern for the Honorable Paul D. Borman of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
RyAnn has been chosen by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment.