MATTHEW SAVAGE AIBEL is an Associate in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists in the representation of clients in complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and breach-of-contract matters
- Provides assistance with litigation matters involving the breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, the misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition
- Assists in the representation of employers in federal and state court and in mediation and arbitration proceedings on labor and employment matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, and wage and hour disputes
- Aids health care companies in litigation arising under ERISA and other related disputes
- Advises employers about issues and policies related to technology in the workplace, artificial intelligence, social media, privacy, and the online conduct of employees
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Aibel served as a Legal Intern at the largest labor union representing officers of the New York City Police Department. In this role, he helped with state and federal litigation, collective bargaining issues, employee handbooks, and city administrative board hearings.
While at law school, Mr. Aibel was a member of the Editorial Board Staff of the Fordham Urban Law Journal; a competitor in, and coach of, the moot court program; and an intern in the criminal defense clinic. He was also given the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award for devoting more than 50 hours to pro bono and/or community service work during his years as a Fordham law student.
During his free time, Mr. Aibel volunteers for an urban squash program.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Washington University in St. Louis (B.A., 2009)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York