JONAH D. RETZINGER is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
- Represents health care companies and health care providers in a variety of litigation matters, including matters arising under the federal False Claims Act
- Assists health care companies and health care providers with government investigations concerning alleged violations of federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws
- Advises health care clients on a broad range of issues pertaining to the Affordable Care Act
- Advises health care providers and health care companies, financial institutions, and investors of industry trends and policy developments
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs
In 2016, the American Health Lawyers Association named Mr. Retzinger an AHLA Pro Bono Champion in recognition of his efforts in providing pro bono services.
Mr. Retzinger received the Class of 2011 Award for Outstanding Achievement in Regulatory Law upon graduating from Duke University School of Law, where he was one of the lead editors of the Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law.
Additionally, during law school, he served as an extern for the Office of Counsel to the Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and was very active in the Duke AIDS Legal Assistance Project, a free clinic that provides legal representation for low income individuals who have tested positive for HIV. Mr. Retzinger also has interned for the O'Neill Institute for National & Global Health Law in Washington, DC, as well as the financial and legal departments of a major medical device manufacturer in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- College of William and Mary (B.B.A., 2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association