Epstein Becker Green was one of the innovators of, and is a prominent law firm in, managed care delivery systems. The firm has worked with managed care organizations for more than three decades, and firm attorneys have provided key technical advice to Congress, federal agencies, and states throughout the development, passage, and implementation of managed care legislation. Epstein Becker Green has provided hundreds of managed care organizations with dependable assistance in developing successful organizational responses to managed care operational and regulatory issues and has served as counsel to the leading professional trade associations for managed care organizations. The firm's experience base includes, for example, managed care clients focused in the following sectors: dental, vision, occupational health, behavioral workers compensation, pharmaceutical, and "consumer directed" sectors, to name a few.
The firm also has had long experience with the application of managed care financing and delivery to beneficiaries of governmental programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, and TRICARE. Our clients have long included contractors in each of these programs so that we bring seasoned perspective to the problem faced by Medicare Part C and D contractors. We work with these and other clients on all aspects of regulating compliance and risk management.
Services/Scope of Practice
Epstein Becker Green provides complete legal support for managed care organizations. Our services include:
- Sector advice to private equity investors and lenders
- Counseling as to state and national regulatory compliance
- Counseling with respect to state licensure and federal contracting issues
- Representation in regulatory investigations
- Representation in mergers and acquisitions
- Public policy analysis
- Strategic legal plans for developmental stage companies
- Litigation of managed care issues
- Contract negotiations
- Compliance plan developmental and execution
- Provider contracting
- Advice on Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, TRICARE contract negotiation, and regulatory compliance programs