CARRIE ANDERER is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents employers in employment disputes involving claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations, in federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals
- Provides strategic legal counsel and risk management advice to clients on a wide variety of human resources and employment matters, including compensation, performance management, separations, leaves of absence, discrimination, harassment, diversity and inclusion, workplace privacy, wage and hour compliance, restrictive covenants, reasonable accommodations, and employee classification
- Drafts and reviews employment, separation, severance, confidentiality, and settlement agreements
- Advises clients on workplace investigations of allegations of employee misconduct
- Prepares and updates employee handbooks and related policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Monitors and assesses the impact of employment law developments and enforcement trends at the federal, state, and local levels
In addition, Ms. Anderer has provided pro bono legal consultations through the Legal Network for Gender Equity of the National Women’s Law Center.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Anderer was an attorney in the Labor and Employment Practice and the Litigation Practice of an international law firm. She previously taught a legal writing and advocacy course as an Adjunct Professor at Brooklyn Law School. Ms. Anderer is also an active member of the New York City Bar Association, serving a three-year term as a member of the Sports Law Committee and a two-year term as the Secretary of the Mortgage Foreclosure Task Force.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2011)
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Managing Editor, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
- Columbia University (B.A., 2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association