CARLOS BECERRA is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green.
Mr. Becerra’s experience includes:
- Representing clients in trade secret and unfair competition litigation, including disputes involving non-compete agreements
- Defending clients in wage and hour disputes and against claims of discrimination and retaliation
- Counseling clients regarding compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
- Conducting workplace investigations
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Becerra was an attorney at a national law firm, where he represented clients across a wide range of industries in employment law and complex business matters.
After graduating from the University of California, San Diego, Mr. Becerra served as director of Freedom Is Not Free, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that aids wounded troops and their families, and subsequently worked in business development within startup companies.
Mr. Becerra was named to the Southern California Rising Stars list (2015 to 2020) in the areas of Business Litigation and Employment & Labor: Employer. Mr. Becerra's peers selected him for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Labor and Employment Law – Management. He also received a Ronald McDonald House Award (2015) for his charity work and was Lead Counsel Rated in Labor & Employment Law and Civil Litigation (2014). He has been a featured speaker on health care, employee mobility, harassment, and ADA matters at the Los Angeles County Medical Association, the Orange County Medical Association, the Kiwanis International (in Downey, California), the North Redondo Beach Business Association, and the Long Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of California, San Diego (B.S., 2005)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Southern California Region, Deputy Co-President,
- Long Beach Young Professionals, Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Ronald McDonald House Red Shoe Society, Board Member and Social Chair