VANESSA K. MANOLATOU is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green. She has extensive experience providing representation to employers of all sizes—from local companies to national corporations—in many industries, including retail, hospitality, real estate, health care, technology, insurance, education, construction, labor organization, nonprofit organizations, and various others.
Ms. Manolatou’s experience includes:
- Representing employers in a broad range of employment litigation matters under state and federal laws involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and wage and hour violations
- Advising on and litigating unfair competition, non-compete, and trade secret matters, including disputes involving the misappropriation of trade secrets
- Representing employers before state and federal courts and in arbitration regarding all aspects of employment litigation and in matters before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other administrative agencies
- Counseling employers on personnel issues, and developing and revising employee manuals, policies, disciplinary notices, and agreements
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Manolatou was an attorney at a national law firm, where she focused on Employment Practices Liability and General Liability, among other areas. During law school, Ms. Manolatou served as Editor of the Santa Clara Law Review and as a judicial intern for The Honorable Mary Jo Levinger, California Superior Court Judge for the County of Santa Clara.
- Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2005)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California