SUSAN GROSS SHOLINSKY is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. She counsels clients on a variety of matters, in a practical and straightforward manner, with an eye toward reducing the possibility of employment-related claims.
- Advises employers on all facets of the employment relationship, from pre-employment considerations and hiring to terminations and post-employment restrictions
- Develops and audits employers' policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law and best practices
- Counsels employers with respect to the avoidance of employment-related disputes, employee discipline, leaves of absence, accommodation requests, and termination of employment (including voluntary and involuntary reductions in force)
- Prepares employment, consulting, separation, and non-compete agreements
- Conducts workplace training seminars for employees, managers, and human resources personnel in a variety of industries
- Performs company-wide audits pertaining to various wage and hour issues, such as appropriate classification of employees as "exempt" or "non-exempt" under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage-hour laws
- Counsels multinational companies on the unique labor and employment law issues they face
- Promotes compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace
- Represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including discrimination, wrongful discharge, harassment, and employment contract cases
In 2019, Ms. Sholinsky was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Workplace and Employment Counseling.
Ms. Sholinsky serves on the adjunct faculty of the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, where she teaches courses concerning human resources and the law. She also frequently speaks at events and webinars on employment law topics and authors numerous publications on employment law issues.
Within the firm, Ms. Sholinsky serves as:
- Vice Chair of the National Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee
- Vice Chair of the Diversity & Professional Development Committee
- A member of the firm’s Finance Committee
- A member of the Executive Committee of the firm's Women's Initiative
Ms. Sholinsky is also comanager and lefty second baseman on the firm's softball team, the EBG Bees.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1995)
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New York City Bar Association, former Labor and Employment Law Committee Member
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section