SHIRA M. BLANK is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. Ms. Blank was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Labor and Employment Law – Management.
- Represents employers in lawsuits alleging violations of all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), including with respect to the accessibility of public accommodations and technology, the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) and equivalent state and local laws
- Advises clients on compliance with the ADA and the FMLA
- Counsels clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, avoidance of litigation, leave laws, employee discipline, separation and discharge, harassment, internal investigations, and reductions in force
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, sexual harassment and hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, and wage and hour violations, among others, in state and federal courts and before various administrative agencies
Ms. Blank’s recent experience includes obtaining:
- Dismissal of claims under Title III of the ADA and relevant state and city disability laws against a theater
- Summary judgment in an ADA and FMLA discrimination case
- Dismissal of FLSA collective action claims against an air carrier
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Blank served as Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department, where she handled all aspects of employment litigation, including conducting jury trials in both federal and state court, on behalf of New York City agencies.
During law school, Ms. Blank served as a judicial intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge A. Kathleen Tomlinson of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2012)
- Managing Editor, Cardozo Public Law, Policy & Ethics Journal
- The George Washington University (B.A., cum laude, 2008)
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York