ROBERT H. PEPPLE is an Associate in the Employment, Labor, & Workforce Management practice, in Epstein Becker Green’s Los Angeles Office. His clients include corporations and individuals in numerous industries, such as entertainment, health care, manufacturing, retail, and telecommunications.
Mr. Pepple regularly litigates and provides advice on human resource issues, non-competes, trade secrets, and many other aspects of California and federal employment laws. More specifically, his experience includes:
- Advising on and litigating matters related to discrimination, whistleblowing, harassment, retaliation, violations of family leave, tort claims, and restrictive covenants and cases arising under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, Defend Trade Secrets Act, National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), as well as the California counterparts to these federal laws
- Defending employers against class and/or representative actions brought under California and/or federal compensation laws
- Representing management in labor-related matters, including collective bargaining negotiations and union elections, and defending against unfair labor practice (ULP) charges
- Counseling employers on best practices for, among other things, recruiting, hiring, firing, compensation, discipline, providing reasonable accommodations, statutory leaves of absence, and personnel policies
He also provides pro bono advice to nonprofits and charitable organizations in Los Angeles on employment, federal and state regulatory compliance, and other issues.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Pepple was an associate in the employment departments of two national law firms, where he represented and advised corporations and individuals on a wide range of employment issues.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Pomona College (B.A., 2008)
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- California Freemasons
- Southern California Rising Stars: Employment & Labor: Employer (2021)