Attorney Brian Steinbach’s experience includes the following:
- Advising clients on and litigating employment, labor, disabilities, non-compete, confidentiality, benefits, wage and hour, and general litigation matters before the courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies at the federal and state level
- Representing and advising clients in Sarbanes-Oxley and other whistleblower litigation and conducting investigations
- Advising and representing health care related entities, restaurants, and other clients on and developing personnel policies and procedures, employee manuals, and separation agreements
- Counseling clients on union-avoidance strategy and in union-organizing campaigns, defending employers in connection with unfair labor practice charges under the National Labor Relations Act, and negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Trying to successful completion various jury and bench trials
- Litigating Court of Appeals cases raising issues under Title VII, the ADEA, ERISA, and the National Labor Relations Act
After law school, Brian clerked for the Hon. Raymond J. Pettine, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. He then joined the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, DC, as counsel to Board Members Truesdale and (later) Hunter, before transferring to Chicago to serve as a Field Attorney. He later entered private practice in Chicago before moving back to Washington.
Brian lectures frequently on various employment law topics for associations, businesses, and other groups.