Clients look to attorney Millie Warner to guide them through a wide range of employment law and human resources issues they face as part of doing business.
Millie helps her clients avoid liability by consulting on disciplinary processes, termination of employees, and day-to-day human resources matters, and by drafting employment agreements, separation agreements, confidentiality and restrictive covenant agreements, and employment policies.
In a legal environment that often favors the employee, Millie has the experience, both in and out of court, to craft enforceable employee non-compete agreements, safeguarding your company’s interests and trade secrets when employees leave to start potentially competing businesses in the same space.
When complaints of wrongdoing within the company arise, Millie conducts thorough internal investigations to address the issue in-house and to prepare clients for possible outside enforcement or legal actions. During enforcement actions, she draws on her years of experience with state and federal agencies to effectively represent clients in government investigations.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Millie was an employment litigation attorney in the New York office of an international law firm and then in the London office of another international law firm.
- Won a unanimous victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on behalf of a professional services firm in a case that established, for the first time, that employers have the right to terminate employees who refuse to cooperate in internal investigations. The case arose from an investigation by the New York Attorney General (NYAG).
- Successfully defended an international finance and insurance company and a consulting firm in putative class actions under ERISA for breach of fiduciary duty in allegedly imprudent 401(k) plan investment options in company stock.
- Successfully defended a global investment management firm in an arbitration brought by a key member of the firm’s investment management group who left with members of his team to start a competing fund.
- Conducted an internal investigation into alleged embezzlement by an employee of a financial services firm, obtaining an injunction freezing the employee's assets.
- Represented companies in government investigations by the Department of Justice, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York Attorney General, and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Counseled employers on major workplace changes, the disciplinary process, termination, and other routine employment law issues.
- Drafted employment, separation, confidentiality, and restrictive covenant agreements, and employment policies.
- The Legal 500 United States, Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Actions): Defense (2023)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Princeton University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2001)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York