Kevin Favro helps clients across industries with their employment and business-related issues. He leverages his multidisciplinary experience in both litigation and corporate law to provide innovative solutions and practical advice to meet each client's unique goals.
Kevin's employment litigation experience includes employer-side representation in wage and hour class actions, single-plaintiff lawsuits, and trade secret misappropriation. On the business side, he has litigated disputes involving breach of contract, shareholder and member issues, and intellectual property infringement. A trusted adviser, Kevin works with clients on their strategic corporate objectives, such as M&A transactions, including many "acqui-hire" acquisitions involving tech start-ups whose key personnel are just as valuable as the target's product or service. Kevin also drafts and reviews employment offers, negotiates software license agreements, and prepares disclosure schedules, ancillary deal documents, and general corporate governance documents.
Whether litigating an employment or business dispute or drafting an offer letter or license agreement for a tech company, Kevin uses his deep understanding of the legal and business landscapes to achieve the best results for his clients efficiently and cost effectively.
Kevin also takes pride in his pro bono efforts. In 2020, he was recognized for his significant contributions to Epstein Becker Green's pro bono initiatives. For months, Kevin worked with Families Against Mandatory Minimums, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs on a successful compassionate release of an underrepresented individual predisposed to severe COVID-19 related illnesses. With the assistance of a former Assistant Federal Defender and several medical experts, Kevin reduced the client's sentence to time served.
Earlier in his career, Kevin worked at a global entertainment company, where he was part of an international team structuring intercompany transactions. As a law student, he had the opportunity to work with a start-up internet television company, which was acquired for over $300M, on a corporate deal conducting due diligence of the target company headquartered in Europe. Kevin also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Maureen A. Tighe of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California and was recognized by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office for helping draft a successful opposition to an appeal submitted by an inmate charged with double murder. Additionally, he was a research assistant for an article published in the Fordham Law International Law Journal entitled "From 'No Bailout' to the European Stability Mechanism."
Kevin is a co-founding member of Loyola Law School's Orange County Alumni Council, which brings together recent graduates for networking, advocacy, fundraising, and community outreach, and further develops the next generation of leadership for the Loyola Law School alumni network. He also regularly participates as a judge for Loyola's Transactional Negotiation Team, a highly competitive program for third-year students who act as deal counsel on a complex M&A deal.
- Provides representation to employers in all types of business and employment litigation, in both state and federal courts and before arbitration tribunals.
- Defends employers in wage and hour class, collective, and representative actions brought under the California Labor Code, the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, and the California Private Attorney General Act (PAGA).
- Advises companies involved in corporate mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures on general corporate governance, tax, and employment-related and restrictive covenant issues.
- Provides advice to technology companies on protecting and/or licensing their intellectual property, and negotiates master services agreements and distribution agreements.
- Loyola Law School (LL.M., 2017)
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Corporate and Tax Law Concentrations with Honors
- California State University, Long Beach (B.S., 2013)
- Graduated with Honors