JONATHAN ASSIA is an Associate in the Litigation & Business Disputes and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action disputes involving claims of wage and hour and California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) violations, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies
- Advises employers on compliance with wage and hour laws (including PAGA), harassment and discrimination laws, and employee leave laws and benefits
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Assia was a litigation attorney at a Los Angeles employment counseling and litigation boutique representing California employers and executives.
Before law school, Mr. Assia served as a Law Clerk for the Los Angeles District Attorney. During law school, Mr. Assia served as a Legal Intern for the Member Regulation Department of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Michael W. Fitzgerald of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Staff Member, Review of Banking and Financial Law
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2015)