ELIZABETH K. McMANUS is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's New York office.
Ms. McManus’s experience includes:
- Representing employers in various industries in both federal and state court and before administrative agencies in cases involving allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; wage and hour collective actions; ERISA plan litigation; and other employment-related matters
- Advising both private and public employers on a wide range of labor and employment issues, including workplace policies, wage and hour compliance, terminations, layoffs, and reductions in force
- Advises clients on novel issues of employee relations, including drug testing and accommodation questions in the wake of recreational and medical marijuana (cannabis) laws recently passed in many states
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. McManus was an attorney in the Labor and Employment Group of a national law firm. Earlier in her career, she served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Renée Marie Bumb of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. In addition, Ms. McManus is an adjunct professor at the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law and has also lectured at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- M.H. Goldstein Memorial Prize
- Associate Editor and Executive Editor of the Symposium, Journal of Labor and Employment Law
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A., magna cum laude, 2001)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York