ELIZABETH D. HOUGHTON is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. She focuses her practice on representing clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate disabilities, and breach of employment contracts and restrictive covenants.
Ms. Houghton has experience handling disputes before state and federal courts, arbitration panels, and administrative agencies. Before joining Epstein Becker Green, she was a litigation attorney at an international law firm and previously served as an intern at the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation Section.
In addition, Ms. Houghton maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented individuals in immigration, family, housing, and criminal law matters. She is a recipient of the New York State Bar Association’s Empire State Counsel® Award (2014-2017) and the Outstanding Pro Bono Service to Legal Aid Society Award (2015).
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Managing Editor, Michigan Journal of Gender and Law
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction, 2007)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Cardinal McCloskey Community Services, Board Member