AMY S. RAMSEY is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green. She partners with her clients to deliver innovative and practical solutions to employment-related issues, leveraging her two decades of legal experience.
An accomplished litigator, Ms. Ramsey develops strategies that reduce the scope and value of cases to minimize the expense and business disruption of litigation and to expedite resolution.
In addition, Ms. Ramsey:
- Has extensive experience defending wage and hour collective actions, class actions, and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions involving alleged misclassification, unpaid wages, improper meal and rest periods, and improper use of the tip credit, with a particular emphasis on the retail, hospitality, and manufacturing industries
- Represents employers exclusively in a variety of employment law matters, including disputes involving discrimination, sexual and racial harassment, and wrongful termination claims
- Conducts employment practices audits, and advises employers on their employment practices and compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws to avoid problems that could lead to litigation
- Conducts training programs for management on topics such as wage and hour policies and practices and the prevention of discrimination and sexual and racial harassment
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Ramsey was a Shareholder at an international labor and employment law firm. During law school, she was the general editor of the DePaul Law Review.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- General Editor, DePaul Law Review
- Arizona State University (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee