TZVIA FEIERTAG (pronounced “Svee’a Fire-tag”) is a Member of the Firm in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. She has worked exclusively in the area of employee benefits for more than 16 years, advising employers of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, other public and private companies, and start-ups, on all aspects of ERISA compliance and the day-to-day operation of employee benefit plans.
Specifically, Ms. Feiertag’s experience includes:
- Counseling on the design, drafting, implementation, and administration of various defined contribution plans (such as 401(k), profit sharing, SIMPLE IRA plans), defined benefit plans, and self-insured and fully-insured active and retiree medical, life, and disability plans, as well as employee assistance programs, onsite health clinics, wellness programs, cafeteria plans, health savings accounts (HSAs) and health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), flexible spending accounts (FSAs), fringe benefits (such as adoption/tuition assistance, surrogacy reimbursement, commuter benefits), severance plans, voluntary benefits, and other compensation and benefit arrangements
- Providing advice on compliance with a variety of laws, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, HIPAA, and COBRA, as well as applicability of state law (such as "surprise" medical bill laws) and ERISA preemption issues to ERISA-covered plans
- Counseling on all aspects of Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance review and assistance, including applicable large employer determinations, controlled group analysis, ACA reporting assistance, employer mandate penalty letters and assessments, design assistance, and vendor contract review
- Advising on the impact of mergers and acquisitions on employee benefits, and assisting with plan terminations and integrations
- Counseling employers on benefit considerations when entering and exiting professional employer organizations (PEOs), multiple employer welfare arrangements (MEWAs), association health plans (AHPs), and multiple employer 401(k) plans (MEPs)
- Negotiating third-party service provider agreements (such as ASOs, ASAs, and CSAs)
- Preparing and advising on benefit claims (including those by out-of-network providers) and fiduciary issues, participant communications, qualified domestic relations orders, and qualified medical child support orders
- Extensively advising group health plans and service providers of such plans on HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule compliance, including negotiating and reviewing business associate agreements, drafting policies and procedures, advising on data breaches and notification rules, and providing HIPAA training
- Assisting clients with plan corrections under the Internal Revenue Service’s and Department of Labor's correction programs
In 2019, Ms. Feiertag was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation, and Retirement Plans: Design.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Feiertag was a Partner at a Boston law firm, where she focused on employee benefits law. Previously, she was an attorney in the Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation & ERISA Litigation Practice Center of an international law firm.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Touro College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1998)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York