JEFFREY H. BECKER is a Co-Founder of the Firm and a Member of the Firm's Health Care and Life Sciences practice. He is based in the firm's New York office, where he provides strategic advice and transactional legal guidance to a wide range of health care organizations. His clientele represents the complete array of health care industry interests: proprietary, voluntary and governmental.
Mr. Becker's clients include:
- Academic medical centers
- Hospitals and health systems
- Medical groups and other physician organizations
- Health plans and other managed care organizations
- Investment banks and venture funds
- Other health care-related entities
Mr. Becker counsels these organizations in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, governance issues, complex contractual arrangements and other affiliations and collaborative efforts. He and his colleagues at EBG also provide his clients with legal advice and services relating to antitrust law; Stark, fraud and abuse, and other health care compliance issues; tax and tax-exempt counseling; and corporate restructuring.
Mr. Becker was selected as one the leading health care attorneys in New York by Chambers USA (2006 to 2018), which gave him its highest (Band 1) rating. Mr. Becker has received an "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of professional excellence. Mr. Becker has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (1995 to 2018) in the field of Health Care Law, recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2011 to 2017), and named to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list (2006 to 2017) in the area of Health Care. Mr. Becker is also ranked in the top 30 of Euromoney's The Best of the Best USA 2013 (Health Care).
Prior to founding the firm in 1973, Mr. Becker was associated with the Wall Street law firm of Shearman & Sterling, where he concentrated on corporate law.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1969)
- with distinction, Editor, New York University Law Review
- Brown University (B.A., 1966)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Northeast Business Group on Health, Director