Jang Im’s immigration law advice helps employers attract and retain top-level talent so their businesses can thrive in today’s competitive environment. He draws on more than 20 years of experience in providing diligent and responsive support to human resource teams when securing the documentation, visas, and permits necessary to hire executives, managers, and other critical employees.
Jang’s thorough due diligence reviews ensure that technology, financial services, biotech, and health care industry employers and their employees comply with immigration laws and I-9 verification requirements. As immigration laws and policies evolve rapidly, he explains how those changes impact hiring practices and retention goals. In the midst of constant change, Jang is a nimble partner who easily adapts to uncertainty and communicates expectations while striving to meet his clients’ needs.
Jang draws on six years of experience as in-house immigration counsel to see issues from both the employer and employee perspective. He understands the pressures hiring managers face to attract new talent. By balancing strict compliance requirements with sensitivity toward the unique personal circumstances of new hires, he facilitates productive working relationships and positive outcomes.
- Represents multinational corporations, NASDAQ-traded hi-tech companies, enterprise-level organizations, and next-generation startups to provide successful and smooth transitions of their immigration employment population.
- Provides extensive consultations and programs regarding Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance, best practices, and risk aversion.
- Provides time-sensitive immigration services to meet tight deadlines in transferring executives and critical employees to the United States. Jang also helps clients with hundreds of foreign national employees ensure that these employees maintain proper work authorization.
- San Francisco Law School (J.D., 1994)
- University of San Francisco (B.S., 1989)
- International Business Management
- California State Courts
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Korea IT Network
- Korean American Bar Association of Northern California, Board of Directors and Former Vice President and Secretary
- Korean American Professional Society, Former President
- Korean American Society of Entrepreneurs
- Northern California Regional Governor for the International Association of Korean Lawyers
- State Bar of California