JANG HYUK IM is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's San Francisco office. For more than a decade, he has advised and assisted companies in a wide range of immigration and other employment-related matters. In 2015, Mr. Im was recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Immigration Law.
- Counsels employers in securing all documentation, visas and permits necessary to facilitate the admission of individuals in temporary working visa classifications into the United States
- Assists clients in retaining these foreign nationals as full-time employees in the event that they want them to stay beyond the time limitations of their temporary visa classifications
- Advises clients in immigration and employment visa matters involving various government departments and agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor, and the U.S. Department of State
- Assists clients with international business matters related to such laws as the European Safe Harbor Privacy mandates and foreign environmental statutes, including WEEE and RoHS
- Advises clients about IRCA's employer sanctions, record-keeping (Form I-9's) and anti-discrimination provisions, and issue Special Immigration Alerts on a regular basis to keep them aware of current developments in the immigration area.
EBG's Immigration clients include major health care organizations, financial institutions, fashion houses, multinational corporations, high-technology companies and other employers needing knowledgeable legal counsel in this important and increasingly complex area of the law. Prior to joining EBG, Mr. Im directed the immigration program for a San Jose software company. He also was in private practice where he assisted dozens of Internet start-up companies in drafting and managing all types of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions.
- San Francisco Law School (J.D., 1994)
- University of San Francisco (B.S., 1989)
- International Business Management
- California State Courts
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Korea IT Network
- Korean American Bar Association of Northern California, Board of Directors and Former Vice President and Secretary
- Korean American Professional Society, Former President
- Korean American Society of Entrepreneurs
- Northern California Regional Governor for the International Association of Korean Lawyers
- State Bar of California