CLAY T. LEE is an Associate in the Health Care & Life Sciences and Litigation & Business Disputes practices, in the Nashville office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents health care and life science companies in all aspects of litigation and in connection with federal and state government audits and investigations
- Defends clients in criminal health care fraud cases and in False Claims Act matters (including qui tam litigation) based on allegations of Stark/Anti-Kickback Statute violations
- Represents clients in white-collar criminal defense matters, including grand jury investigations
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Lee served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice, in its Nashville office. In that position, Mr. Lee was responsible for coordinating investigations and prosecutions of violent and sophisticated organized crime organizations by multiple agencies (including the FBI; the Food and Drug Administration; the Drug Enforcement Agency; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; the Department of Homeland Security; the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation; and state and local authorities). He also directed the investigation and prosecution of international and domestic terrorism, money laundering, wire-fraud, human trafficking, armed interstate robbery, and narcotics trafficking.
While attending the University of Arkansas, Mr. Lee served as a clerk to Circuit Court Judge Lee Russell of the 17th Judicial District of Tennessee and, as part of a graduate fellowship program, a biology instructor and lecturer.
- University of Arkansas, Graduate School and International Education (M.S., 2011)
- University of Arkansas School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Tennessee (B.S., 2006)