CHRISTOPHER M. FARELLA is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He also serves as a General Counsel of the firm. Mr. Farella focuses on the areas of employment law, business litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and attorney ethics. He represents entities—from small entrepreneurial ventures to large multinational corporations—in a wide array of industries, including pharmaceutical, health care, defense contracting, telecommunication, technology, and transportation, as well as governmental departments, agencies, and officials.
Mr. Farella's experience includes:
- Representing clients in a variety of business, employment, and commercial litigation matters at both the trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts and in arbitrations and mediations
- Representing clients in complex employment litigation involving claims of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, restrictive covenants, commercial fraud, product liability, and conspiracy, among others
- Defending clients against investigations conducted by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state human rights agencies, and U.S. Attorneys' Offices
- Performing internal investigations for public and private clients into claims of sexual harassment, violations of whistleblower laws, and retaliation
- Representing businesses in various sectors in diverse and complex commercial litigation matters
- Defending clients in white collar criminal matters, and performing internal investigations for entities facing potential civil or criminal action by the government
Additionally, Mr. Farella provides guidance and creative strategies to clients regarding best practices for the preservation and collection of electronically stored information ("ESI"). His matters frequently involve a focus on forensic investigations of computer data, as well as creative solutions for the resolution of ESI protocol disputes with opposing counsel.
A member of the firm's Technology, Media, and Telecommunications strategic industry group (TMT), Mr. Farella, along with a multidisciplinary team, counsels TMT companies regarding workforce management, including employee benefits and immigration matters. By combining their individual areas of experience and understanding their clients' businesses, the members of the TMT strategic industry group can tailor the level of legal services to the particular needs of their clients in a cost-efficient manner. Mr. Farella also contributes to the Technology Employment Law blog, which provides insight and commentary on legal issues facing today's TMT companies.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Farella was an Assistant General Counsel at the North American headquarters of a global pharmaceutical company, where he provided legal advice to human resources and other business units on a wide array of employment issues and managed employment litigation matters. He was previously a Partner at a law firm in Roseland, New Jersey, and at a law firm in Westfield, New Jersey. Before these positions, Mr. Farella was a Senior Associate at Epstein Becker Green.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Farella served as a clerk for the Honorable Louis F. Locascio of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Freehold.
Mr. Farella has lectured at seminars and authored articles on topics ranging from FMLA, harassment investigations to wrongful termination claims. He is a former Chair of the Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee and was selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list (2007 to 2011, 2017 to 2020) in the areas of Employment Litigation: Defense, Business Litigation, and Criminal Defense: White Collar.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1991)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey Bar Association, Federal Practice & Labor & Employment Committees
- Essex County Bar Association