ANN KNUCKLES MAHONEY* is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Nashville office of Epstein Becker Green.
Ms. Knuckles Mahoney:
- Counsels employers on practices and procedures, such as employee handbooks and stand-alone policies
- Advises employers on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour laws and the classification of workers
- Assists in defending clients in labor and employment-related litigation in a broad array of matters, such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour disputes
- Assists in representing management in labor-related matters, including arbitration, the defense of unfair labor practice charges, and collective bargaining negotiations
During law school, Ms. Knuckles Mahoney served as an Executive Notes and Comments Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, and Commercial Law. She also received a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Collective Bargaining Workshop and the Robert Lewis Prize upon commencement for academic excellence in Labor Law. Additionally, Ms. Knuckles Mahoney worked as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Margo K. Brodie in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, where her responsibilities included drafting proposed bench memoranda on pending employment discrimination cases. She then served as an Extern in the Employment Law division of the U.S. Postal Service’s New York Law Department.
Ms. Knuckles Mahoney began her professional career as an HR Analyst and then as a Diversity Recruiter at a major financial services company. She later became an HR Generalist at a foundation that makes grants to higher education and cultural institutions involved in the humanities. In this position, she worked closely with the foundation’s HR Manager and General Counsel to assist in all aspects of human resources.
*Admitted in New York; not admitted in Tennessee.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, and Commercial Law
- University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 2007)
- The Wharton School, Concentrations in Management and Global Analysis
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania Association of Native Alumni, Board Member