ANJANA D. PATEL is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Newark and New York offices of Epstein Becker Green, and serves on the firm's National Health Care and Life Sciences Steering Committee. Her practice focuses on health care transactions and regulatory compliance counseling.
Ms. Patel represents a diverse group of health care providers, including hospitals and health systems, large physician practices, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), ambulatory surgery centers, radiology facilities, specialty pharmacies, post-acute care providers (including nursing homes and home health agencies), venture capital and private equity funds and their health care portfolio companies, information technology companies specializing in health care products and services, and various other health care industry service providers and businesses.
Ms. Patel represents her clients in a variety of business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, affiliations, joint ventures, physician-alignment transactions, MSOs, ACOs, IPAs, clinical integration networks, population health and direct contracting, and other strategic transactions designed to better position providers in the changing health care marketplace. She also actively represents clients in a variety of contractual matters, including professional services agreements, recruitment, and employment.
Ms. Patel provides guidance and compliance strategies with respect to issues involving federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws; corporate compliance; corporate practice of medicine; HIPAA; licensure; certificate of need; and other federal and state health care regulatory compliance matters. In addition, she provides advice on the organization, governance, and operations of nonprofit and for-profit companies.
A frequent speaker on wide array of health care issues, Ms. Patel has authored numerous articles in various national and local health care industry publications. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Patel was Co-Chair of the Health Care Practice Group of a large regional law firm.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors)
- Rutgers University (B.S., with high honors)
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association: Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute Program Planning Committee, Member
- The Governance Institute, Faculty Member
- American Bar Association: Health Law Forum
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Health and Hospital Law Section
- Health Care Financial Management: New Jersey Chapter
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-2019, Health Care Law
- Chambers USA®, 2010-2018, New Jersey Healthcare
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, 2012-2019, Health Care
- New Jersey Rising Stars, 2008-2009, 2011, Health Care
- New Jersey Law Journal’s® “40 Under 40” 2007
- Recipient of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey, Inc., Award in Recognition of Professional Achievement (April 2007)