Trends and Legal Risks in Medical Marijuana: Thought Leaders in Health Law Video SeriesMay 2019
In this Thought Leaders in Health Law® video, Paulina Grabczak, Gail Javitt, and Yulian Shtern, attorneys in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, are joined by Nathaniel Glasser, a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, to holistically look at the risks companies face as the restrictions on the use of medical and recreational marijuana are relaxed in an increasing number of states across the country.
This video discusses the following:
- The dichotomy of state and federal law on the use of marijuana
- The risks these new state laws have created for providers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers as the health care industry aims to deliver medical marijuana to more patients
- The implications that the use of medical marijuana has on the workplace and how employers can evaluate the state of play where they operate to properly assess risk and implement the best approach to mitigate risk
- The importance of due diligence and regulatory compliance as more transactional opportunities related to marijuana open up for businesses across industries
- The recent federal laws and guidance that apply to hemp- and cannabidiol-based products
Epstein Becker Green attorneys from our Health Care and Life Sciences and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices work collaboratively to help clients understand the nuanced health regulatory and employment law concerns resulting from the recent and growing number of state marijuana laws. Learn more about our focus on Cannabis Law.
The Thought Leaders in Health Law® video series tracks the latest trends in multiple areas of the health care and life sciences industries, featuring attorneys and advisors from Epstein Becker Green and EBG Advisors.
Trouble viewing the video? Please contact Kelli Sakalousky at [email protected] and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We'd also love your suggestions for future topics. Subscribe to our Health Care and Life Sciences email list to be notified of future video releases.
THOUGHT LEADERS IN HEALTH LAW® is a registered trademark of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.