Startup Roadshow: AI in Healthcare
FDA Regulation of Artificial Intelligence Used in Healthcare - 2019 Multi-City Tour
Much is changing with regard to how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approaches software generally, and artificial intelligence in particular. Some of that change is driven by the remarkable innovation going on right now at universities and in industry. But some of the change originates with the government.
- In December 2016, Congress enacted the 21st Century Cures Act, which fundamentally changed the scope of FDA regulation of clinical decision support software.
- In December 2017, FDA published a draft guidance building on that legislation, providing the agency’s perspective on the clinical decision support software that FDA should regulate and what it should not. That guidance has profound implications for artificial intelligence used to guide healthcare decision-making.
- Throughout 2018, FDA will be engaging in a year-long process of completely revamping the agency’s approach to regulating software. FDA calls its new program the “Precertification Program.”
In assembling our speakers for the Startup Roadshow, we drew heavily from the medical software community already subject to FDA regulation. You will hear directly from experts as well as experienced medical software executives and Epstein Becker Green attorneys.
For more information on the agenda, click here.
The Startup Roadshow will be held at the following locations:
- January 24, 2019: University of Michigan
- February 21, 2019: University of California, San Diego
- February 28, 2019: Georgia Tech
- March 26, 2019: Carnegie Mellon University
- April 12, 2019: Johns Hopkins University
- April 16, 2019: Rutgers University
- April 25, 2019: University of California Berkeley
- May 2, 2019: MATTER, in Chicago
Who Should Attend: The Startup Roadshow is focused on entrepreneurs and experienced developers of artificial intelligence for the health care industry.
Cost: Admission is $100.
To register for the Startup Roadshow, click here now.
For more information, please contact Wesley Hayden at [email protected]
Epstein Becker Green is pleased to sponsor the Startup Roadshow.