PETER M. STEIN is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice of Epstein Becker Green. Based in the firm's Stamford office, where he serves as the Managing Shareholder, he represents both national and regional employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
- Provides advice and counsel to employers regarding individual or group employment decisions, e.g. hiring, promotions, reduction(s) in force, terminations, etc.
- Represents employers before federal, state and local administrative agencies implementing, regulating, and enforcing employee relations laws, including federal agencies such as the EEOC, the DOL, and corresponding state and local agencies
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Conducts management and employee training
- Assists in the development and implementation of affirmative action programs (AAPs); provides advice and counsel to employers undergoing OFCCP and state and local compliance reviews; represents employers before the OFCCP and state and local contracting agencies
- Provides advice regarding compliance with employer reporting obligations, such as EEO-1, Vets-100, etc.
- Provides advice and counsel regarding wage and hour laws and compliance; including representing employers before federal state and local agencies responsible for wage and hour compliance
- Provides advice and counsel regarding restrictive covenants and unfair competition issues; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding the protection of trade secrets
Prior to joining EBG, Mr. Stein served as in-house labor counsel to U.S. Industries, Inc., and as Associate General Counsel to Health Industries, Inc. Mr. Stein regularly lectures on a variety of human resources topics and is an adjunct faculty member of the Cornell University School of Labor and Industrial Relations where he team teaches a course entitled "The Law of EEO."
In Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2010 to 2013, 2015 to 2019), Mr. Stein is listed among the "Leaders in Their Field" for Labor and Employment. His peers have selected him for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2020) in the field of Labor Law - Management. He has also been selected for inclusion in the Connecticut Super Lawyers and New England Super Lawyers lists (2006, 2009 to 2018) in the area of Employment & Labor: Employer and The Legal 500 United States (2009, 2011, 2012, 2017 to 2019) in the area of Workplace and Employment Counseling. The 2009 edition of The Legal 500 United States noted that "Stamford-based shareholder Peter Stein is described by clients as ‘a high level content expert.'"
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., 1975)
- with honors
- Bucknell University (B.A., 1972)
- District of Columbia
- New York