Attorney Wan Zhang leverages her passion for health care law and background in nursing to help health care clients achieve their goals in corporate transactions, regulatory compliance engagements, and complex litigation.
Wan represents physicians, hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and other health care clients in a wide variety of health care transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, affiliations, joint ventures, and physician alignment transactions.
Health care clients also look to Wan for assistance in litigation, including in the defense of professional negligence claims. Having practiced as a registered nurse in an Ohio hospital’s cardiothoracic intensive care unit before attending law school, Wan is well-positioned to defend medical professionals and their employers. Clients value her clinical experience, facility with medical records, and understanding of substantive health care law.
In addition, Wan provides guidance and compliance strategies regarding state and federal health care fraud and abuse laws and regulations; state and federal privacy laws, including HIPAA; and other state and federal health care regulatory matters. She also drafts and reviews HIPAA policies.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2022)
- Chief Note Editor, Ohio State Business Law Journal
- Treasurer, Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Treasurer, Health Law Society
- The Ohio State University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Recipient, Honors Graduate with Research Distinction in Nursing
- Senior Clinical Practice Leader, College of Nursing
- Student Ambassador, College of Nursing
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Health Law Association
- Chinese (Mandarin)