Litigator Shruti Panchavati is a determined and zealous advocate who represents national and international clients in complex, multijurisdictional commercial disputes before federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals.
Shruti represents corporations and individuals across a broad array of industries in connection with complex business disputes, including antitrust, securities, advertising, intellectual property, class actions, employment, and contract matters.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Shruti was a commercial litigation attorney at a regional law firm, where she represented national and international clients in litigation, mediation, and arbitration involving a wide range of commercial disputes. Prior to that, she served as an Associate Corporate Counsel for the New York City Law Department, where she defended the City of New York, its agencies, and its employees in high-exposure cases, from inception through trial.
While in law school, Shruti was an Associate Editor of the Journal of Law, Technology, and Policy. She also served as a Project Manager at a student-run management consulting organization, providing business development consulting services to Fortune 500 companies, startups, and nonprofit organizations in the health care, technology, and legal industries.
- Second-chaired a $40 million civil rights litigation representing the City of New York that resulted in a favorable defense verdict.
- Third-chaired a multimillion-dollar breach of contract case representing a prominent brand ambassador against a well-known champagne cooperative based in France that resulted in a favorable plaintiff verdict.
- Defended a prominent officer and director of multiple India-based jewelry corporations against a claim of over $1 billion involving various fraud and business tort
- Represented a U.S.-based medical technology company in prosecuting antitrust, Lanham Act, and various business tort claims against its leading competitor and a distinguished international sports apparel manufacturer.
- Represented a Taiwanese-based apparel company in prosecuting fraud, breach of contract, and patent theft claims against its former Chief Executive Officer.
- Represented one of the world’s leading public relations firms in prosecuting a massive fraudulent scheme perpetrated by one of its former Vice Presidents.
- Defended a broker against claims by a prominent U.S.-based brokerage firm in an arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA).
- New York Rising Stars, Business Litigation (2021)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Law, Technology, and Policy
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 2012)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- South Asian Bar Association