Hospitals, home health agencies, and other health care providers rely on health care attorney Addison Hutcheson* to assist them with their transactional and regulatory matters.
Her practice specifically focuses on health system mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations; real estate transactions; physician and services contracting for hospitals; 340B drug program compliance and management; real property tax exemption; Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement issues and cost report appeals; and behavioral health compliance.
Addison is active in her community and has served as a mentor to students at Cristo Rey Columbus High School. In addition, she performs pro bono work for a name and gender change legal clinic that helps trans individuals update their birth certificates and other legal documents to match the individuals’ identity.
*Admitted in Ohio; not admitted in New York.
- Helped manage, coordinate, and prepare legal arrangements necessary to establish a COVID-19 hospital surge facility for use by several of central Ohio’s primary hospital systems. Addison also assisted in facilitating negotiations among three health systems, the surge facility’s primary owner, and its food service contractor.
- Assisted a regional medical center in Ohio with its conversion from a county-owned hospital to a private health care provider. The transaction required obtaining bond financing for the acquisition and conversion of the hospital facilities, real property and assets, and resulted in the continuation of care for local residents.
- Advised a government-owned hospital, and worked with elected officials to convert a public hospital into a nonprofit business and large health care system affiliate. The transaction involved unique and negotiated features necessary to satisfy elected officials’ priorities, the community’s needs for local health care access, and the opportunities and efficiencies available through affiliation with a sophisticated tertiary care system.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2013)
- with Honors Distinction in Political Science and Economics
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Health Law Association