Should You Sell Your Medical Practice to Private Equity? Five Critical Considerations for Physician GroupsThought Leaders in Health Law Video Series February 2020
Private equity (PE) investment in physician groups has steadily grown over the last several years, with 219 physician group deals being announced or closed last year.
This trend leaves some groups wondering, is PE for us? There are five critical factors that physician groups should consider:
- “Monetizing” the value of your ownership in your practice
- Hedging future risk in light of increasing uncertainty in the health care industry
- Increasing efficiencies in practice management to allow the physicians to focus on clinical care
- Having access to capital to invest in better infrastructure and growth
- Assessing the experience, financial track record, and culture of the PE partner
Stay tuned to Epstein Becker Green’s Thought Leaders in Health Law® to learn more about each of the five critical factors for physician groups considering PE investment.
The Thought Leaders in Health Law® video series tracks the latest trends in multiple areas of the health care and life sciences industries, featuring attorneys and advisors from Epstein Becker Green and EBG Advisors.
Trouble viewing the video? Please contact Kelli Sakalousky at [email protected] and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We'd also love your suggestions for future topics. Subscribe to our Health Care and Life Sciences email list to be notified of future video releases.
THOUGHT LEADERS IN HEALTH LAW® is a registered trademark of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.