Peter A. Steinmeyer, Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm’s Chicago office, co-authored the 2022 Thomson Reuters Practical Law Practice Note, titled “Preparing for Non-Compete Litigation.”
Following is an excerpt (see below to download the full version in PDF format):
- Evaluate whether the employee’s conduct violates a non-compete.
- Gather evidence to be used if the employer decides to pursue legal action to enforce the non-compete. …
- Demonstrates that the employer has a legitimate business interest and takes any suspected violation seriously.
- May minimize damage to the employer’s business resulting from an employee’s competitive activity.
- Helps ensure that any potential evidence of the employee’s conduct will not be lost (see Preserving Electronic Evidence).