New York, NY (March 7, 2014) — The national law firm of Epstein Becker Green announced it is a sponsor of the Women Business Leaders (WBL) of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation and WBL's 13th Annual Summit.
The WBL Summit will be a peer gathering of more than 180 Board members, CEOs, and other senior executive women from the $3 trillion health care industry. The three day event will be a forum for cross-industry dialogue to help these senior leaders study misalignment and the often-competing demands of their industry. The Summit also focuses on increasing visibility for senior executive women from the health care industry for board of director and CEO positions with companies across the entire U.S. economy.
The Summit will be held March 12-14 at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Notable speakers at the Summit include:
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Professo rDeborah Gruenfeld, a thought leader involved with "Lean In," who will lead a session on Power, Influence & Body Language
- Alexandra Drane, Former Chief Visionary Officer and Founder of Eliza Corporation and Board Member, TEDMED who will discuss the issue of Big Data in health care
- Angela Braly, Board Member of Procter & Gamble and Lowe's Companies and former Chair, Wellpoint who will share her thoughts on the outlook for the insurance industry and lessons from the top
- Author Jackie Huba who will share lessons in customer loyalty
- Hope Vaughn of Corinthian Capital Partners who will discuss what mergers, acquisitions and private equity ownership mean for leadership
- Bestselling Author Connie Dieken who will discuss building your brand, establishing trust and gaining lasting influence
Other sponsors of the Summit include: UnitedHealthGroup, Deloitte, McKesson, Medecision, Pinstripe Healthcare, Catholic Health Initiatives, DST Health Solutions, MintzLevin, Navigant, Allen & Shariff, Aveus, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, CareView Communications, Centene Corporation, CIGNA, GlaxoSmithKline, Healthcare Leadership Council, Norton Rose Fulbright, Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, TEAMHealth, Theravance, Inc., Trustmark Companies, ValueOptions, WellPoint, HealthHelp, Herman Miller Healthcare, LockeLord LLP, FSR, Medsolutions, Morgan Stanley, and founding sponsor Epstein Becker Green.
For more information about the WBL Summit, visit www.wblsummit.org.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., founded in 1973, is a national law firm with approximately 250 lawyers practicing in 10 offices, in Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, San Francisco, Stamford, and Washington, D.C. The firm is uncompromising in its pursuit of legal excellence and client service in its areas of practice: Health Care and Life Sciences, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Corporate Services, and Employee Benefits. Epstein Becker Green was founded to serve the health care industry and has been at the forefront of health care legal developments since 1973. The firm is also proud to be a trusted advisor to clients in the financial services, retail, and hospitality industries, among others, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our commitment to these practices and industries reflects the founders' belief in focused proficiency paired with seasoned experience. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.
The Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation™ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization comprised of a network of more than 3,000 senior executive women and women board members in the WBL network. WBL crosses silos and is a place for women on the executive teams of insurance, hospitals, life sciences, and other types of health care companies to have honest conversations about their industry. The mission of WBL is to connect and convene senior executive women from across the health care industry to create meaningful cross-sector relationships, expand their leadership, and harness their collective power to improve the industry. To learn more, visit wbl.org.