The landscape for restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements is changing rapidly across the country.
Notice periods, compensation thresholds, and consideration requirements are increasingly common, and the days of the “one size fits all” agreement are long past. That being said, there are reasonable and administratively feasible options for multi-state employers.
Please join three of Epstein Becker Green’s leading non-compete lawyers, Peter Steinmeyer, Kate Rigby, and Jeremy Oliver, each of whom is from a different region of the country, for an interactive discussion of practical options for multi-state employers.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- An overview of recent statutory changes across the country
- Why “one size fits all” restrictive covenants may no longer be viable
- Administratively feasible solutions for nationwide employers
- Different considerations for different categories of employees
- Usage and legality of forum selection and choice of law provisions
- Alternative to traditional non-competes, including “forfeiture for competition” clauses and garden leave
- Drafting with litigation in mind
Registration is complimentary, but pre-registration is required.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Julie Choudhury.
Members of the media, please contact Piper Hall.