ERICA SIBLEY BAHNSEN is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents a diverse group of health care organizations—including health care systems, physician group practices, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, adult day care facilities, and other health care providers—and their officers and directors, in a variety of enforcement matters at both the state and federal levels.
- Defends health care and life sciences companies in litigation as well as in connection with federal and state government investigations, False Claims Act qui tam actions, and internal investigations related to health care fraud
- Defends clients in white-collar criminal matters and performs internal investigations for entities facing potential action by state and federal governments
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs, including provider enrollment and participation, coding, coverage payment, and medical necessity documentation issues
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Bahnsen was a health care attorney at a large regional law firm. While in law school, Ms. Bahnsen served as an intern at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the General Counsel; was as an Associate Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review; received the Timothy G. Rothwell Health Law Scholarship; and was a Seton Hall Distinguished Health Law Scholar.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Associate Editor, Seton Hall Law Review
- The College of New Jersey (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association