CLARA H. RHO is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's Newark office. She concentrates on representing management in the areas of employment litigation and personnel management and procedure.
Ms. Rho's experience includes:
- Defending employers in all aspects of state and federal employment law, including allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, and whistleblower claims
- Representing clients in complex class action disputes
- Counseling employers on disciplinary actions and terminations, employment policies and practices, reductions-in-force, investigations of employee misconduct, litigation avoidance, wage and hour requirements, and other employment issues
Ms. Rho has defended numerous discrimination actions brought before state and federal courts, the EEOC, and state administrative agencies.
Ms. Rho has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©, in the field of Litigation—Labor and Employment (2019). She was named one of New Jersey Law Journal's "40 Under 40" in 2008, and was selected to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2007 to 2010) in the area of Employment Litigation: Defense.
- Cornell University Law School (J.D., 1995)
- Barnard College, Columbia University (B.A., 1992)
- magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association