YAEL SPIEWAK is an Associate in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the firm's Newark office.
- Represents businesses in various sectors in diverse and complex commercial litigation matters
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and constructive discharge, concerning state and federal employment statutes
- Represents clients in traditional labor relations law matters, including bargaining, day-to-day contract administration issues, labor arbitrations, and handling injunctions in federal and state courts in aid of enjoining strikes or other unlawful union activity
- Defends employers against unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board and at grievance arbitrations
- Represents clients in various white collar criminal defense matters, including grand jury investigations
- Counsels and represents clients in intellectual property matters, and litigates disputes concerning copyright and trademark infringement
After a selective process, Ms. Spiewak served during the summer of 2017 as a foreign law clerk to Justice Neal Hendel of the Supreme Court of Israel. In this position, she advised regarding U.S. law governing legal issues spanning civil and criminal law.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Spiewak was an attorney in the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office in New Brunswick, New Jersey, where she represented the State of New Jersey in various appellate matters. During law school, Ms. Spiewak served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Martin Shulman of the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Term, First Department, in Manhattan; as an intern at the City of Newark Law Department in Newark; and then as a legal extern at the New York State Attorney General’s Office in Manhattan.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2013)
- Barnard College, Columbia University (B.A., 2009)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey