TIMOTHY J. MURPHY is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Advises clients on issues arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs
- Counsels clients on federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Assists clients in developing managed care contracts, affiliation agreements, value-based payment arrangements, management services agreements, and various other health care-related agreements
- Provides advice to clients on the health regulatory issues involved in health care transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, and assists with all aspects of health regulatory due diligence
- Informs health care providers, insurers, and health-related companies of legislative and regulatory trends and policy developments
- Helps clients develop, implement, and evaluate health care compliance programs
During law school, Mr. Murphy served as the Symposium Editor of the health law publication American Journal of Law and Medicine and as Co-President of the Public Interest Project, which, among other things, facilitates discussions on public interest opportunities and provides grants to students working in unpaid internships.
Before attending law school, Mr. Murphy worked at a national trade association that represents nonprofit Medicaid-focused health plans and served as a Student Benefits Advisor at the Employee Benefit Security Administration.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Concentration in Health Law
- Symposium Editor, American Journal of Law and Medicine
- American University (B.A., 2010)
- District of Columbia
- American Health Lawyers Association