Whether assisting clients with transactional due diligence or representing them in civil litigation, regulatory proceedings, or criminal government investigations, attorney Zachary "Zach" Taylor is committed to helping his clients reach their goals.
Zach represents a diverse group of health care entities, including physician practices, health systems, hospitals, dietary supplement companies, and clinical laboratories. He also helps clients navigate state and federal regulatory issues, including the Anti-Kickback Statute and licensure requirements.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Zach was the only joint, non-medical staff member concurrently employed at two unaffiliated hospitals in central New Jersey. In that role, he built a collaborative of over 30 organizations that developed strategic plans to guide community benefit efforts, resulting in two Community Outreach Awards from the New Jersey Hospital Association’s Health Research and Educational Trust of New Jersey.
Zach is a frequent contributor to Bloomberg Health Law & Business News and a member of Bloomberg Law’s Health Care Transaction Editorial Committee.
Zach obtained his J.D., magna cum laude with a concentration in Health Law, from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he also earned a Health Care Compliance Certification and received the school’s Excellence in Health Law Award.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement for a physician practice involved in a compensation dispute with a large health care system.
- Assisted a large health care system in due diligence and acquisition of an independent hospital.
- Represented dietary supplement companies in criminal grand jury investigations.
- Assisted in the formation of a business support services organization for a national specialty physician group practice.
- Provided health regulatory counsel to a health care company implementing Medicare Advantage Rewards and Incentives Program.
- The Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White Collar (2023-2024)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list: 2023, Health Care, White Collar Crimes, Business & Corporate. This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Distinguished Scholar, Concentration in Health Law, Excellence in Health Law
- Health Care Compliance Certification
- 2018 Eugene Gressman Moot Court Champion and Best Oralist
- The University of Texas at Austin (M.Ed., 2010)
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 2005)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association