Attorney Alkida Kacani focuses her practice on commercial litigation, government investigations, False Claims Act (FCA) litigation, and employment counseling and litigation. Health care companies, financial institutions, retailers, and others count on Alkida to defend them in all stages of litigation.
Clients benefit from Alkida’s emphasis on forethought and consistency and risk-spotting acumen to quickly see potential solutions to challenging matters.
Alkida handles complex commercial litigation and business disputes in federal and state courts as well as in mediation and arbitration proceedings. She regularly defends health care industry clients in federal and state investigations and civil FCA litigation. Employers also rely on her for matters involving breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition. Focused on finding practical solutions that minimize disruption, Alkida helps clients anticipate problems and avoid litigation when possible.
Additionally, Alkida represents clients at the state and federal level in a broad array of employment litigation matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and constructive discharge. As a trusted advisor, Alkida counsels clients on implementing employment practices and procedures, such as employee handbooks and stand-alone policies.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Alkida served as a law clerk in the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex Vicinage.
- Commercial and Contract Litigation
- Construction and Property Management Litigation
- Employment Compliance Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Employment, Labor & Workforce Management
- Federal and State False Claims Act (Including Qui Tam)
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investigations and Enforcement
- Litigation & Business Disputes
- Trade Secrets & Employee Mobility
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation (2021 to 2023). This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York