JIRI JANKO is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's Newark office. Mr. Janko was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment.
- Represents employers in litigation concerning discrimination, whistleblowing, harassment, retaliation, violations of family leave, tort claims, and restrictive covenants, including cases arising under such federal, state and local employment laws as Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, the Conscientious Employee Protection Act, the New York State Human Rights Law, and the New York City Human Rights Law
- Provides guidance to employers on e-discovery issues, including the identification, collection, preservation, imaging, and forensic data recovery of electronically stored information
- Conducts internal investigations of harassment complaints and unfair competition on behalf of employers
- Counsels employers on the implementation of employment policies and on workplace issues
Mr. Janko has written the following articles:
- "New Jersey's Paid Family Leave Bill and Recent LAD Amendment — What's the 411?" The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (May 2008), with Lynne Anne Anderson.
- "Linguistically Integrated Contractual Interpretation: Incorporating Semiotic Theory of Meaning-Making into Legal Interpretation," 37 Rutgers L.J. 601 (2007)
While attending law school, Mr. Janko was an articles editor of the Rutgers Law Journal.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden (J.D., 2007)
- University of California (Ph.D., 2001)
- University of California (B.A., 1995)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York